Call a TLC lactation consultant if:
- Baby does not wake to feed or mother is unsure of infant feeding cues.
- Baby continues to lose weight beyond day 3 of life.
- Motherisexperiencingnipplepain, bruising, damageor breast pain.
- Mother is concerned that she is not making enough milk.
- Mother feels frustrated or wants to discontinue breastfeeding.
- Motherisexperiencinguncomfortable breast fullness or engorgement.
- Mother and baby have been discharged with a supplementation,3-step or other supplemental or pumping plan.
Thrive Lactation Consulting provides:
- Prenatal breastfeeding education.
- Private prenatal consultations for mothers with special concerns.
- Weekly breastfeeding support groups.
- Private postnatal lactation counseling.
- Continued support for babies discharged from the NICU.
- Care for babies with special feeding needs.
- Monthly pumping class.
- Collaborative care with your ob/gyn provider.
Prenatal Breastfeeding Education
Group classes instructed by certified lactation counselors and educators.
Private Lactation Consultation
Lactation consultation is provided by a Board Certified Lactation Consultant and includes comprehensive, individualized care. Prenatal and postpartum consultations.
Weekly Breastfeeding Support Group
A free peer-support group facilitated by a breastfeeding specialist. Fort Collins Office: Fridays 1-2:15 at 1107 S. Lemay 80524, 1st Floor
Free class for mothers who are learning to pump, exclusively pumping, returning to work, or pumping for occasional use. First Friday at 2pm, 1107 S. Lemay 80524, 1st Floor